Saturday, June 03, 2006

All in Favor of World Change

This is my attempt to effect a change in the way the people of the world view things. The following articles are not my own. That is because I would rather provide you with the information written by people who are, at least often, the experts. Why reinvent the wheel when somebody has already designed an excellent prototype? These are what I consider to be some of the better written articles. Do not just take my word or even the author's word for it. I hope that you do take the information into consideration before making any kind of judgment. Do the research yourself. But keep an open mind as you do. As soon as you close your mind, they have won.

We should not be puppets of anybody. The press has been telling us how to think for far too long. I remember when the current regime was alerting us to the threat of chemical warfare against one of our major cities, they went so far as to recommend having duct tape and plastic sheeting on hand. My kneejerk reaction had been, "Bomb the hell out of those people!!! I do not want to live in fear of that!" Then I stopped to think. Would we have time to cover our doors and windows with plastic sheeting if someone dropped a dirty bomb? Of course not. But the words had the effect of galvanizing me into agreeing that we should strike back. I am not the type to ever advocate bombing the hell out of another nation. However, once the regime took away my sense of safety, I found myself agreeing. The only reason I recognized the propaganda was that it was contrary to my personal beliefs. I then questioned the instinct that led me to even think the thought. You should do the same. Question everything. Question things you never thought to question before. Do not believe everything you read or hear, no matter the source. And yes, that includes me. But if someone tells you that you should not ask questions, they likely have a reason for not wanting you to do so. There is a reason we are called 'conspiracy theorists'. We dare to question things and then others attempt to invalidate our thoughts and beliefs.

While some of these links contain ideas that may seem far-fetched, if you look into it closely enough, you will realize that it is not so far-fetched. J. Edgar Hoover once said, "The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he simply cannot believe it exists." And who would know better than Hoover?


_______________________________

The Former Chief of the CIA's son is now our President. Do you really believe the CIA has stopped experimenting on U.S. citizens? This is the same President who has said outright that his position should not be held accountable to the law and he has said, essentially, that he should not be required to follow the directives made within the Constitution. The same President's right-hand man, Karl Rove, disclosed the identity of an undercover CIA agent, coincidentally, after her husband stated publically that there were no weapons of mass destruction.

I was at a meeting for the ACLU a few months ago and the subject of impeaching the President came up briefly. After the meeting I asked why impeachment was not seemingly being discussed and was told by the ACLU's legal council that they were fighting a fight that they believed they could win... one that the Democrats might at least be willing to help with. The ACLU's goal, under those circumstances, was to get the President to stop his illegal spying on U.S. citizens. So what is the President doing? He is rallying his friends in high places to have the law changed so that the spying becomes legal. As if the Patriot Act was not damaging enough to our rights as it was. Spying on citizen's was already legal. The only thing that our government was required to do was provide reasons as to why a tap was warranted, and it was even acceptable, under the current law, to provide that justification after the fact. So exactly whose line is he having tapped anyway? Why is he so averse to disclosing that information to the portion of the government that is responsible for ensuring our rights are not being abused? Could that have anything to do with the way many politicians seem to dare not oppose him? Are we living in the McCarthy era again? Even if you do not agree, I hope you will at least be open to the possibility.

In case you have not done so, I heartily recommend you read the Patriot Act closely. That is, if you have enough live brain cells to read it to its conclusion. One of the two people that vehemently opposed it in the early days was one of the handful of people who received Anthrax in the mail after September 11th. I also recommend you watch the Pilot episode of The Lone Gunmen. But don't give up on it when you see how, umm, rough the first episode was. Rarely, if ever, have I seen a pilot episode of any series done well. It seems to takes a while for the characters to mesh. Just be patient and watch the episode to the end if you do happen to get a copy of it. Then tell me, after reading all of the evidence and seeing how an episode aired six months before Sept. 11th foretold of things to come, that everything I have written of is not plausible. There are those who will argue that it is not possible. They are likely either closed-minded or they have a reason to discount it. Personally, I do not believe in UFOs coming from another planet. But I accept the possibility that they could be real. That is all I ask of you... to accept the possibility that this could be real. If you decide that it is likely, then we have work before us. Turning around a potentially corrupt government is never easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home